counter on blogger
Friday, February 11, 2011
Recipe of the Week: Erin's Deep Dish Polenta Pizza
Disclaimer, this week isn't really a recipe but a whimsical dish I threw together one night this week. I went on vacation last weekend and came home quite sick with a bad cold. Every January/February I go away, every January/February I get sick. That's just how it goes.

Anyway, I had bookmarked a polenta pizza recipe ages ago but couldn't find it again. Then, I couldn't find the polenta log in the supermarket on my way home from work anyway so I just picked up a few groceries and came home. I was thrilled to find a box of dry polenta in my cabinet. Since I had just bought roasted red peppers and goat cheese, I decided to wing it.

The "recipe" below is just my suggestions based on what was in my apartment that night, feel free to modify any way you want. Be creative, that's what made this fun.

Erin's Deep Dish Polenta Pizza




Ingredients
4 cups of water
1 cup of polenta
dash of garlic powder
1/2 brick of low-fat feta cheese
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 jar of roasted red peppers








Directions

  1. Cook polenta as indicated on the package.
  2. Pour into a pie dish and let cool.
  3. Top with your choice of toppings.
  4. Bake for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree pre-heated oven.
  5. Enjoy!
Notes
  • I did not let the polenta in the pie dish cool enough because I was starving. I think if I let it sit longer, it would have been much more pizza like when I went to cut it after baking.
  • Feta cheese doesn't melt too well but it tasted delicious.
  • This ended up being more like a Mediterranean porridge, rather than a pizza. Again, next time I will let the polenta cool in the pie dish much longer.
  • Toppings are really endless and up to you, so go ahead and be creative. If you try this recipe, please send me your modifications. I would love some suggestions!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Umm -- YUM. I'm putting this in my recipe pile! I'll let you know how I vary it when I make it -- or i'll blog it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer