A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be sent six different flavors of Kettle Cuisine soup. Then this past weekend, I got to sample more Kettle Cuisine at the Gluten-Free Education Fair at Whole Foods Upper West Side here in Manhattan. I have to say, I am impressed. I am not usually a pre-made soup fan because I find them to be very salty. (When I make soup at home, I never add salt.) Kettle Cuisine wasn't too salty but had a nice balance of flavor. My favorite flavor so far is the Chicken Chili with White Beans which surprised me since I hate white beans. Guess I like them now! All of the soups from Kettle Cuisine are gluten-free and test at 5ppm of gluten or less, which is below the FDA's proposed 20ppm. Additionally, Kettle Cuisine is officially certified as a gluten-free manufacturer by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO).
Kettle Cuisine soups include:
- Angus Beef Steak Chili with Beans GF, DF
- Chicken Chili with White Beans GF
- Chicken Soup with Rice Noodles GF, DF, LF
- New England Clam Chowder GF
- Organic Mushroom and Potato Soup GF, V
- Roasted Vegetable Soup GF, V, DF
- Southwestern Chicken and Corn Chowder GF
- Thai Curry Chicken Soup GF, DF
- Three Bean Chili GF, V, DF
- Tomato Soup with Garden Vegetables GF, V, DF
GF: Gluten-Free, V: Vegetarian, DF: Dairy-Free; LF: Low-Fat
Looking for a recipe to make using Kettle Cuisine soup? Try this Gluten Free Southwestern Nachos recipe (with Kettle Cuisine Three Bean Chili). I am definitely making this ASAP, although I would probably swap out the Fritos for some reduced fat corn chips.
9.25 oz. FRITOS® corn chips (1 retail bag)
1 bowl Kettle Cuisine Three Bean Chili (10oz) (thawed overnight in the refrigerator)
2 oz. Yellow Onion, diced fine
3 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
3 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Arrange an even layer of corn chips in an oven-proof casserole dish
- Spoon thawed chili evenly over chips (Chili may also be thawed in the microwave- pull back seal and microwave bowl for 2 minutes)
- Sprinkle onion over the chili
- Evenly layer both cheeses over top of mixture
- Place in oven and heat until cheese melts and chili is warmed through
- Remove from oven and top with optional garnishes and serve
CELEBRATE NATIONAL SOUP MONTH WITH KETTLE CUISINE!
Want to win your very own samples of Kettle Cuisine gluten-free soups? Simply leave a comment below telling me which flavor sounds the best!