counter on blogger
Friday, May 18, 2012
Cupcakes for a Cause
Last week, the American Celiac Disease Alliance posted an event on Facebook called Cupcakes for a Cause, encouraging people to bake cupcakes equal to the number of years they have been gluten-free. Well, last night I baked and baked and baked in honor of Celiac Awareness Month.

As someone living with Celiac Disease since 1981, I had a TON of cupcakes to bake. This spring, I have officially been gluten-free for 31 YEARS! I decided to use my new King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix and make homemade vanilla icing for this project for this project. The only problem I had last night was that I only have one mini-cupcake baking tin. I had to bake in shifts and it took me more than 2 hours to complete this project. I had icing everywhere, including on my toes and camera, but the results were delicious. I love the King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix. The cupcakes were moist and not crumbly at all.

My cupcakes aren't the prettiest cupcakes in the world and my piping could use some work, but I am really excited to share my 31 years of living with Celiac Disease and my 31 cupcakes with my readers and with the American Celiac Disease Alliance.

Check out photos from last night's Cupcakes for a Cause baking spree in my apartment.

Prepping for the baking

King Arthur Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Mix batter

31 years = 31 cupcakes

That's me!


Gluten-Free Fun: 31 Years and Counting!!!

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Wow. 31 years!?!?! That is fantastic. I think they look just great --- clever photos! Here's to health!

Blogger ackdavis said...

Congratulations on your sweet 31 announcement, cleverly executed. Great expose! Many more in health to you, Kid.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer