counter on blogger
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Gluten-Free Passover Grocery Jackpot
A few weekends ago, I made a trip to the local Shoprite near my mom's house in Plainview, NY. With Passover approaching, I knew I would find some gluten-free treats at the supermarket. Never did I expect to see so many new gluten-free products on the shelves. In years past, I would normally find one or two gluten-free marble cakes or maybe some gluten-free cupcakes. Now, I think just about every Passover item has a gluten-free counterpart.

Much of Long Island, New York and the surrounding tri-state area has a large Jewish population which makes some of this gluten-free Passover food so easy to find. If you don't have a good selection in your area, much of this food is now available for purchase online. Do a search on Google and see what you come up with! Now that we are in the middle of Passover, you might even be able to get some of these gluten-free items on sale.

The top gluten-free Kosher for Passover brands on the shelves that I found at Shoprite include: YehudaManischewitzJeff Nathan Creations, Gefen, Streit's, Lieber, Oberlander, and Hagadda. Kedem either owns or is an exclusive agent for many of these brands. Visit the Kedem website for a VERY long list of gluten-free products.
So far, my favorite items have been the Jeff Nathan Gluten-Free Panko and the Yehuda Gluten-Free Matzoh. I have literally been eating the matzoh every day. Mind you, I don't even celebrate Passover. I was just excited to find new treats during this holiday season! Have you found any gluten-free Passover items that you are excited about this year?

Happy Passover to all of you who celebrate! 





















Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger GothamTomato said...

I've never seen the Manichevitz GF matzo! I've gotten the Yehuda lots of times though and it's great BUT it does break very easily. In fact, the last time I got a box, I got home, opened it up and it was matzo farfel (ie; it had obviously been handled roughly at the store and the entire box was shattered into a million little pieces!)

Blogger Sybil Nassau said...

I had no idea so many gf items were available this year. ShopRite stores in our area have been wonderful in the past but not this year. I was able to get the Yehuda Matzo and Streit's matzo ball mix but that's all. I even made Matso "Crack" and it is outrageously good (cover sheets of matzo with a hot butter/sugar mixture, top with chocolate chips and chopped nuts, coo,break into pieces). So I am disturbed none of these products made it to CT where I live. Will try on line. THANKS!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer