This October, I plan on attending the 3rd Annual AllergyEats Food Allergy Conference in New York City. This conference is for restaurateurs and food service professionals with a focus on "How to Maximize Safety and Increase Customer Engagement, Loyalty, and Revenue."
This year's impressive line-up of speakers includes:
- Matt Abdoo, Chef de Cuisine at Del Posto Restaurant, New York, NY
- Robin Hamm, Director, Food Safety, Quality, and Commercialization at Red Robin International, Inc.
- Jared Schulefand, Owner and Operator of Home, Branford, CT
- Betsy Craig, Founder and CEO of MenuTrinfo
- Julie Kuriakose, MD; Physician, Educator, Author and Co-Founder of Hudson Allergy
- Robert Landolphi, Culinary Development Manager at the University of Connecticut and Author of Gluten-Free Every Day Cookbook, Quick Fix Gluten Free and Cooking Light Gluten Free Baking
- Scott H. Sicherer, MD, Elliot and Roslyn Jaffe Professor of Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology, and Chief of the Pediatric Division of Allergy and Immunology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY
- Michael Pistiner, MD, MMSc, Pediatric Allergist for Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates, Voluntary Instructor of Pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, Co-founder and Content Creator, AllergyHome
- Lisa Giuriceo, Support group leader of the Food Allergy and Asthma Support Group of North Jersey
- Beth Hillson, Founder of the Gluten-Free Pantry, Author of Complete Guide to Living Well Gluten Free and Gluten-Free Makeovers, Food Editor for Gluten Free & More
- Lori Sandler, Owner of Divvies and Author of The Divvies Bakery Cookbook
- Colette Martin, Author of The Allergy-Free Pantry and Learning to Bake Allergen-Free and advisory board member, Kids with Food Allergies
- Paul Antico, Founder and CEO of AllergyEats and former financial analyst and portfolio manager at Fidelity Investments
I am looking forward to seeing Beth Hilson again and to finally meeting Robert Landolphi and Paul Antico in person. This should be a very interesting event and I am excited to participate.
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Beginning at 8:00 a.m.
Radisson Martinique on Broadway
49 W 32nd Street, New York City
Early bird registration is $259 until September 21, 2014. Attendees will also enjoy lunch with the experts, lively Q&A sessions and the opportunity to sample vendors' allergy-friendly products at the event.
This conference is organized by AllergyEats, a free, peer-based website and app where people find and rate restaurants based solely on their ability to accommodate food allergies. The site, app and related social media forums help families with food allergies reduce the guesswork - and the anxiety - surrounding dining out with food allergies.
AllergyEats lists more than 750,000 restaurants nationwide, which people can rate, and it also offers web links, menus and more. Restaurants are easily searchable by geographic location, so people can find allergy-friendly restaurants around town and around the country.
The organization also offers a variety of opportunities for restaurateurs and food service professionals, including an annual food allergy conference. For more information, please visit www.AllergyEats.com.