counter on blogger
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
International Clinical Trials Day
Today is International Clinical Trials Day. Clinical trials are a critical part of healthcare research and development across the globe. These trials can include testing treatments, new medications, and new approaches to healthcare in humans. There is a tremendous amount of research involved with getting a new medication approved by the FDA and people who sign up for clinical trials are a vital part of this process.

While I have been part of focus groups and online surveys, I have never personally participated in a clinical trial. Recently, I learned about CureClick through the WEGOHealth advocacy community. CureClick is an interesting new web portal that shares information about clinical trials in general as well as including information about recruitment for active clinical trials. I learned a lot about clinical trials from this website and it helped me understand how, as patients, we can help inform our own medical futures. According to CureClick "Participants in clinical trials can play a more active role in their own health care, gain access to new research treatments before they are widely available, and help others by contributing to medical research."

To my knowledge, there are a few clinical trials specifically aimed at finding a medicinal aid to those of us living with Celiac Disease; CureClick just doesn't list them yet. The good news is that I am CureClick Advisory Board Member and I have a lot of communication with the founders of the website. I have already asked them to share any celiac-related trials with me immediately which I will then pass along to you. Right now, CureClick is currently recruiting for trials about severe asthma,  mild/moderate asthma, high cholesterol and risk factors for heart disease, and Type 2 diabetes.

Many people are excited about the possibility of drug therapy for celiac disease. Personally, I do not know if I would ever take a pill for celiac treatment but it is nice for others to have options. I am happy to see medical researches even paying attention to Celiac Disease. It is empowering to think that participating in a celiac disease clinical trial can help shape the medical future of our disease.

Please visit CureClick.com for more information about clinical trials and learn more today! Stay tuned to Gluten-Free Fun for any celiac disease trial announcements. You will be the first to know as soon as I do!



Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer