counter on blogger
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Dermatitis Herpetiformis Research Study
Have you been diagnosed with Dermatitis Herpetiformis or know someone who has?

Division of Dermatology, Vanderbilt Health at Vanderbilt University is seeking volunteers for a research study.

If you have a diagnosis of dermatitis herpetiformis, you may be eligible to be in a research study looking at the treatment of this skin condition with a topical medication.

· The study includes six weeks of daily home treatment.
· A total of 4 study visits are required.
· Study related evaluations and medication are provided at no cost.

For more information, please contact

Mary Beth Cole, MD
615-322-6485
marybeth.cole@vanderbilt.edu
Vanderbilt University
Nashville, TN

IRB 8/9/10

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had it for years. It was real bad and then when I stopped all gluten it went away for a while. Then I had a bad reaction to a gamma globulin infusion and I also took a generic Amoxicillin at the same time (so I can't be certain which actually caused the reaction: bad GG, or bad genenric amoxicillin, or a new penicillin reaction (never had it before) or some gluten I ate inadvertently. My GG infusion was at Mt. Sinai Hosp. NYC, immunology dept. because my body makes no IG-A or IG-G etc. That MD convinced me that I had to get GG or I would die of infection. Note: I am 80 years old and I have not died without GG all these years! Nevertheless, since that time I have gotten my Dermatis Herpetiformis back and cannot get rid of the red blotches and swollen welts altho I am carefully not eating any gluten (that I know of). I take some pharma for hypertension and prostate CA and maybe that has some gluten??? I have queried the pharma manufacturers about gluten in their products and they cannot tell me anything, just bla bla "product made in China, or Thailand, or Maylaysia. (What a banana republic this USA as become under our wonderful liberal elected leaders!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer