counter on blogger
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Truvia is Gluten-Free
A family friend knew I wanted to cut back on sugar so she gave me some packets of Truvia. I liked Truvia much better than Splenda which always leaves me with a slightly loop feeling and a really gross aftertaste. I was curious about the ingredients, so I wrote to them company. Here is what they had to say:
Truvia natural sweetener contains a proprietary flavor system that does not contain any of the major known food allergens such as: wheat, soy, milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish or shellfish. Truvia is caffeine free, gluten free, contains no MSG and is safe for people with diabetes.
  • Truvia™ natural sweetener is refreshingly uncomplicated. Sprinkle it on your grapefruit. Spoon it in your coffee. It won't end up on your conscience or your thighs.
  • One packet of Truvia™ natural sweetener provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
  • Truvia™ natural sweetener is a great alternative for people with diabetes. It is also kosher certified.

Thank you
Truvia Customer Service
www.truvia.com

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I understand wanting to protect the recipe so that others can't copy it, but I really want to know what's actually in those packets!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was surprised to see this article, as Truvia is supposed to still not be that healthy for you. Actually, Sweetleaf Stevia is supposed to be the one that is the most healthy and without any additives or chemicals that harm humans. I tried some of the earlier versions of Stevia and they were terrible, but Sweetleaf is a staple at my house now! We use it for baking, for beverages, even when I make my homemade from scratch version of healthy "berried jello". NO I don't use jello brand..

So to summarize, we don't just go by TASTE. We go by health promoting properities PLUS taste!

Best to all,


Joyce E. Stotts
Newark, NY
MSEd, Certified Natural Health Professional

Blogger ackdavis said...

I have used Truvia about 6 months. Its non-biting flavor is sweet without being "too sweet." Zero calories, Kosher clean, Gluten-Free ... and nice, satisfying taste. I'd say that's pretty great, without adding pounds to our diet.

Blogger Johanna B said...

Thanks for posting this. I've never thought about artificial sweetners having gluten. I'm still new at this after a year...

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer