counter on blogger
Monday, July 11, 2011
Recipe of the Week: Super Simple Chili
Hi friends. I haven't posted a recipe in a really long time because I stopped cooking big meals. Once I was told there was mold in my old apartment I wanted to spend as little time there as possible. I was being made sick from my building and the idea of cooking in a sick building was not appetizing at all. Now I live in a lovely building with a bright kitchen. It's been hot up here in NYC, but I have been turning the oven on more and firing up the stove. It feels really good to be back in the kitchen.

Last night I realized that I would be out three nights this week. I like to make big meals on Sundays so I have something to eat for lunch and dinner throughout the week. I put things in the freezer too so the following weeks I can grab something quick. Buying lunch every day is very expensive in NYC so I usually limit myself to buying once a week. I tend to vary my lunches with sandwiches, veggie burgers, and leftovers. I find that chili is a really good leftover that can survive in the freezer for a few weeks. This is exactly what I did last night. Read on for my recipe.

Super Simple Chili by Erin Smith of Gluten-Free Fun

1 can of light red kidney beans, rinsed
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can of corn or half bag of frozen corn
3 cups of diced calabasas squash (or any other kind of squash, I use what I find in the supermarket)
1 pkg. of gluten-free taco seasoning (I use low-sodium)

Throw in wok. (Yes, my largest pot is a wok so I use it for everything!)
Stir occasional
Let simmer for up to 2 hours, this makes the beans and squash nice and tender.

That's it. I have at least 4 or 5 meals from this dish and it is super simple. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Thank you,I love to make this Gluten Free chili for my family because my family likes chili.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer