counter on blogger
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Gluten-Free at Passover
This year the food available for Passover is turning out to be a gluten-free goldmine. I have never seen so many gluten-free products or labels in a mainstream supermarket. I was at ShopRite in Plainview, Long Island on March 23rd when they first put out there Passover items. I was reminded today, when reading Gluten-Free NYC, of exactly how many gluten-free items ShopRite really does carry during Passover. I grew up in Plainview, so I wrote to my mom today with my gluten-free grocery list. I want to try those gluten-free ravioli! Stock up now!!! Yes, the prices will probably be reduced by 50% by the end of Passover but the shelves will also be empty and you will probably only end up with a box of smooshed macaroons. Don't forget to read the labels since not all Passover food is gluten-free.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger David Marc Fischer said...

Yes, make sure you read the labels. I'm not sure if the ravioli I pictured is gf...though you should be able to find Conte's ravioli at Get Healthy America, not far from the Morton Village ShopRite.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer