counter on blogger
Friday, August 26, 2011
Gluten-Free in Five Minutes
Even though I love to cook, I am a busy New Yorker who seems to always be on the run and I can't always find the time. Sundays are usually my big cooking day with a couple of hours in the kitchen preparing meals for the week. My weekdays are hectic and leave me looking for quick meals or defrosting something from Sunday When it comes to baking, I rarely have the time.

Enter a new cookbook...

Over the summer, I received a copy of Gluten-Free in Five Minutes, by Roben Ryberg. "This cookbook offers a delicious, gluten-free solution, for those hectic days when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. Using just a few ordinary ingredients, a single flour, and a microwave, baking expert Roben Ryberg shows you how to make fast and fabulous breads, rolls, cakes, pizza crusts, tortillas, and more."

Many people don't feel comfortable "baking" in the microwave but for those that don't mind it, this cookbook is an interesting compilation of breads, desserts, and even muffins that can all be prepared using the microwave instead of the oven. This is a unique cookbook that those of us on the go might like to try. Additionally, the recipes make small batches of baked goods instead of a whole dozen. I think this is especially useful for those of us in small kitchens with little storage space or for those that only want one or two rolls with dinner instead of a full dozen.

Recipes include:
· Cinnamon Raisin Bread
· Peach Cobbler
· Apple Crisp
· Marble Cake
· Crispy Rice Treats
· Rice Pudding
· Hot Dog Rolls
· English Muffins

Although I haven't tried any recipes yet because I don't keep a lot of the flours at home, I do plan on picking up some supplies and checking out some of these recipes.

For further information about the book and its author, please visit: www.RobenRyberg.com and www.DaCapoPressCookbooks.com.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

This looks really interesting. I bake GF for my best friend several times a year. I love finding new resources. Thanks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer