counter on blogger
Monday, April 2, 2012
Throw Away Your Toaster: Kinnikinnick Launches New Gluten-Free Soft Bread
Last week, I received a sample box of bread from Kinnikinnick Foods that included their new multigrain bread, soft white bread, and hot dog and hamburger buns. Over the weekend, I tried one of the hamburger buns as well as the multigrain bread. I have to say, I think these hamburger buns were some of the best gluten-free buns that I have tried. They were frozen, so I microwaved the hamburger bun for 30 seconds on medium and then let it sit tio cool down. I ate it plain and it was soft and chewy and really tasty. I highly recommend these.

For breakfast on Saturday, I had the multigrain bread. I have to admit, I did toast the bread (which goes against the new campaign name "Throw Away Your Toaster") but I wanted toast. The multigrain was good, but I thought it was lacking a little bit of flavor. I added unsalted butter but it was still missing something. I am looking forward to trying the new soft white bread to give it a taste test.

For links to Kinnikinnick and more information, please see their press info below.



While many gluten free breads are dense and less than palatableKinnikinnick Foods, North America’s leading provider of gluten-free baked goods and snacks, is launching a new soft bread lineup. Baked fresh and quick frozen, it is soft and moist once thawed - no toaster required!


Including Soft White, Multigrain Bread, Hot Dogs & Hamburger Buns, Kinnikinnick’s soft bread is made with no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors; fortified with five essential nutrients; contains at least five grams of fiber per serving and zero cholesterol. The lineup is also dairy free, nut free and certified OU Kosher. 


Kinnikinnick’s new breads are currently available online at www.kinnikinick.com and will be available at select natural food and traditional grocery stores throughout the U.S. and Canada this March for a SRP of $4.99 for the sliced bread and $4.59 for the hamburger and hotdog buns.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger ackdavis said...

Erin, I too, received Kinnikinick's advance awesome foursome. The multigrain makes a very tasty, full-bodied sandwich. For me, I made Sunbutter and blackberry fruit spread sandwich ... my version of PB&J. So pleasing to the tongue, tummy and the eyes.

Their hamburger buns I filled with a single serving of spicy tuna and that gave WOW factor to what could be a plain bite.

Kinnikinick's White bread is anything but bland. Its texture is unlike many gluten-free blander, tougher breads, IMO. I've used it several ways but plain and was delighted each time.

I have not tried the hot dog buns though (I am vegetarian mostly). Maybe stuff them with a stirfry of veggies for a nice shell sort of meal? Mmmm. They have a lovely denseness about them without toughness.

Kinnikinicks's recipes bat it out of the park in our kitchen. My non-GF family likes it too. Love that they have no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors; fortified with five essential nutrients; contains at least five grams of fiber per serving and zero cholesterol. It feels like any other or non-GF bread. The lineup is also dairy free, nut free and certified OU Kosher. Celiacs could use some fortification IMO and bread fiber tastes good in this form. We jokingly say our home is Kosher gluten-free, a good thing when clean and healthy is important. Thanks, Kinnikinick!

I keep the bread sealed in the freezer and microwave a portion on defrost for each use. It tastes fresh and that's great. Thanks for your post, Erin.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer