counter on blogger
Monday, September 23, 2013
Gluten-Free Fun Review: Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread
I am not a baker. When I have to bake, I would rather open up a mix than measure, weigh, and level off gluten-free flours. There are many wonderful gluten-free bakers out there, like my friends Elizabeth Barbone of GlutenFreeBaking.com and cookbook author Annalise Roberts, but I am not one of these bakers. That said, when I was contacted by Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread company about their gluten-free bread mixes I was nervous. How was I going to bake bread and then write a review? I don't bake and didn't want to be a fraud. Then I opened my free samples of Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread and my fears disappeared.

Open package, dump in bowl, add water. That's it?? Well, there are a few more instructions on the Luce's website but that is about all I did to bake this bread. I didn't even let the bread rise more than 5 minutes. I was so eager to pop my loaf of Italian bread in the oven that I barely even waited for it to rise. This is my type of baking! Simple prep time, no ingredients to measure, and easy clean-up. I was one happy baker.

I was even happier when this lovely loaf of gluten-free bread came out of my oven. I managed to polish off that loaf in only 2 days and I was left wanting more. This Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread was delicious. I would definitely make this bread again and share it with gluten-free and gluten-eating friends. I honestly don't think the gluten-eaters would know the difference. It is that good.



I had the pleasure of meeting Charles Luce and his wife Leslie at the GFAF Expo a few weeks ago and they were super friendly and excited to learn that a non-baker (Me!) loved their bread and found it so easy to make. Charles has celiac so he not only needs to eat gluten-free but he also wants to feed us safely and deliciously. The mixes are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility and the company takes the FDA gluten-free labeling laws very seriously. 

Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread mixes can be found in a handful of stores and also online on their website. Online the mixes are $7.95 each or $13.50 for a bulk bag. This is bulk rate is a great bargain, making each bag only $2.70 each! I am definitely going to buy this bulk bag in the future.

Find Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Breads here: 


Financial compensation was not received for this post. Free samples of the Luce's Gluten-Free Artisan Bread mixes were gifted from the company. Opinions expressed here are my own. 



Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger ackdavis said...

Fabulous! Those of us challenged bakers now can be the envy of glutened bakers. I'm ready for this. As you describe Luce's process, it could not be easier. Thank you. Just in time for cooler weather.

I was a good gluten baker [before celiac] but I have trouble getting anything, packaged or scratch, to come out beautifully. Your bread, Erin, looks gorgeous, inspiring the I-can in any gluten-free scaredicat. Thanks!

Anonymous Candice said...

My parents bought me this bread at the GFAF expo. My dad couldn't believe it was gluten-free. I made the first loaf last weekend and it was quickly gone. Can't wait to make a second loaf soon!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer