counter on blogger
Friday, December 11, 2015
A Personal Message to the NYC Celiac Community


After more than ten years of organizing the NYC Celiac Meetup group, I am stepping back from my leadership role as I embark on a new adventure. As you may have read last week, I am moving to California with my boyfriend who is starting a new job. I am taking my gluten-free consulting business bi-coastal and will continue to be a strong celiac advocate for our community no matter where I live.

It is with mixed emotions that I write this post today. I love New York City and the wonderful people I've met through the NYC Celiac Disease Meetup group. It has become like my extended gluten-free family. Over the past ten years, the group has given me much more than I could have ever expected. I've met so many great people that were brought together by this gluten-free connection. Our group has grown to more than 2,000 members and we've had more than 400 events which continues to both impress me and surprise me each day.

I have seen friendships bloom between group members, marriages, births, and sadly even deaths of some of our members. I've met gluten-free travelers from around the world who've made one of our Meetup events a stop on their itinerary. We've shared hundreds of wonderful gluten-free meals together while supporting our fellow celiacs. It really has been an enriching experience for me. I not only gave my all for this celiac community, but I got so much back from my supportive members. This community is really such an important part of my life and I am going to miss it dearly.

I will continue to play a small role in the NYC Celiac Meetup group posting annual events, webinars, and maybe even hosting events when I am back in NYC for work or family events. But from January on, I am passing the gluten-free leadership role to a new organizer.

Thank you all for your support and friendship over the past 10+ years. I hope you all continue to support one another in the gluten-free community and that you keep in touch as I move west.

Be well!

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer