counter on blogger
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Gluten-Free at Dairy Queen
I don't have a Dairy Queen near me in NYC, but when I visit my sister or think back to my summers at Lake George I have fond DQ memories. A friend of mine recently sent me the gluten-free information for Dairy Queen. Since it is almost summer, I figured I would share this information with my readers.
Here is what they have to say:


For our customers with gluten intolerance, the following Dairy Queen® treats are some of our top selling gluten-free products: containing no wheat, barley, oats or rye.

  • Vanilla and Chocolate Soft Serve

  • Arctic Rush™ slush - all flavors

  • MooLatté®(Please note: This does NOT include Hazelnut Flavored drinks.)


Additionally the following toppings are gluten-free:
  • Chocolate

  • Hot Fudge

  • Marshmallow

  • Butterscotch

  • Strawberry

  • Caramel


Our supplier of manufactured novelties informs us that the following items are also gluten-free:
  • DQ® Fudge Bar

  • DQ® Vanilla Orange Bar

  • Dilly® Bar (look for this in a sealed plastic wrap)


If you would like to try one of our famous Blizzard® treats, the following is a list of gluten-free Blizzard® treats.
  • Reese’s® Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard®

  • Butterfinger® Blizzard®

  • Snickers® Blizzard®

  • Heath® Blizzard®

  • M&M® Blizzard®

  • Banana Split Blizzard®

  • Hawaiian Blizzard®

  • Tropical Blizzard®

  • Strawberry Blizzard®

  • Mint M&M® Blizzard®


Please know, many of our Blizzard® candies and toppings contain wheat, rye, oats, and/or barley and would not be safe for a customer with gluten intolerance. As the Blizzard® machine is used for all flavors, cross-contamination may occur on any flavor Blizzard®. So for your safety, we recommend notifying the Dairy Queen® staff of your allergy or intolerance and requesting they thoroughly clean the Blizzard® machine before blending your Blizzard® to reduce the risk of cross-contamination.

When in doubt whether a product may contain a particular allergen, we recommend you purchase a pre-packaged manufactured novelty treat, which contains an ingredient listing and nutrition facts panel on the package.

Dairy Queen® restaurants are very busy and cross contamination may occur between ingredients. Thus a 100% confidence level cannot be guaranteed. It is important that you ask your local Dairy Queen® restaurant for an ingredient listing of the specific item in question and let them know of your special needs.

For many more gluten free items and the most up to date allergy and nutrition information, please visit our nutrition calculator.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I go to the DQ they are usually very happy to clean out the blender for the blizzards. It makes me feel sort of "normal" when I can go where my family goes to enjoy ice cream. Take care.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love soft serve, thank goodness so many versions are gluten-free. I haven't been to DQ in years!

Catherine
www.aglutenfreeguide.com

Blogger Meaghan Edwards said...

I go every month to my local Dairy Queen. I can enjoy my sundaes without my knees acting up or getting my stomach upset!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer