counter on blogger
Friday, July 31, 2009
Coors Field Opens Gluten-Free Concession Stand
I recently read on MLB.com that there is now a gluten-free concession stand at Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies. This is seriously amazing news and I am jealous that this isn't in NYC yet. I am an avid Mets fan (even though they suck this season) and I love the new CitiField. Right now, Citifield does sell RedBridge beer (at House of Brews in the outfield) which is a start. To go to a game and know there is a gluten-free concession would be a dream come true. Kudos to Aramark, Coors Field, and the Colorado Rockies for supporting their gluten-free baseball fans! Here is the full press release.

Dedicated Gluten-Free Location is Thought to be First of Its Kind in MLB

The Colorado Rockies and ARAMARK, the exclusive food and beverage provider at Coors Field, announce the opening of a dedicated gluten-free* concession stand. The menu features hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, chips, cookies, brownies, soda, water and gluten-free Redbridge beer. Believed to be the first of its kind in Major League Baseball, the gluten-free stand is located behind Section 147 on the left field concourse.

This specific location was created in response to increasing requests for gluten-free options from fans with Celiac Disease.

The stand is part of the Rockies and ARAMARK's overall commitment to offer menu options that allow all fans, regardless of dietary restrictions, to enjoy the ultimate ballpark experience.

*Gluten is a protein particle found in wheat, barley, rye and all of their derivatives.

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

That is fabulous! I wish there was one at Safeco Field!!

Blogger Tessa said...

I was there last week! I was on a road trip in Wyoming. I wasn't even planning on going to Denver but I heard an announcement on the radio about the gluten free stand. I was so excited I bought tickets and went =) I had their chicken sandwich, and a snickerdoodle cookie they were SOOOO good and the prices weren't that bad....about 50 cents more than the regular concessions. I was in heaven! It was a pretty popular stand and everyone was excited. I wish all venues offered this =)

Anonymous Kait said...

I think this is a step in the right direction. I can't wait to visit the new concession stand!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer