counter on blogger
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Grandpa's Gluten-Free Gourmet
About a month ago, I was sent a free sample of Grandpa's Gluten-Free Gourmet "Garlic Parmesan Chicken Encrusting." I have to admit, I was a little reluctant to try this sample at first because of the name. Chicken Encrusting?!? This does NOT sound appetizing. But I didn't judge the food by it's packaging or branding and I opened up the bag to basically find enhanced breadcrumbs. Simple as that. Yesterday, I finished the rest of the bag. This encrusting stuff is GOOD!

Made from corn meal, Parmesan cheese, almonds, and spices, these breadcrumbs give your chicken a great flavor. I did not follow the recipe on the bag which seemed overly complicated. All I have been doing is dipping chicken into beaten eggs and then dipping into the Grandpa's Gourmet which coats evenly and keeps the chicken moist when baked in the oven. I really like the flavor the Grandpa's Gourmet gives to the chicken and I would definitely use this product again. I was actually disappointed that I finished the bag so soon.

Right now, the easiest way to buy the Grandpa's Gluten-Free Gourmet "Garlic Parmesan Chicken Encrusting" is through their online web store unless you live in Colorado where this product is available in a few locations. While the product itself is reasonably priced at $5.00 a bag, the $9.95 shipping and handling charge adds to the overall price of your order. Unfortunately, this is often the problem with gluten-free mail-ordered products.




Organic Corn Meal (Organic Corn Meal, Organic Grape and/or Pear Juice Concentrate, Sea Salt), Parmesan Cheese (Pasteurized Part-Skim Milk, Salt, Less than 2% of Enzymes, Cheese Culture, Potassium Sorbate [to protect flavor]), Almonds, Spices.

Nutritional Info


Thank you Grandpa's Gourmet!  

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Deli Divine said...

you really mean Chicken encrusting? I was a bit shock to know this one, this surprised me a lot. I might want to try this at home if I can and given the time. Maybe I can get one via mail-order.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too expensive to buy on line... $10 for a $5 product? I don't think so.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer