counter on blogger
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Gluten-Free Friends and Celebrities in Texas
Two weeks ago, I went to Texas for the very first time. I had a great time enjoying the weather and the sites of San Antonio before heading to the GFFAFest in Austin. My favorite part about this event was all of the smiling, gluten-free faces. I saw old friends and met new ones. I connected with longtime readers and Facebook friends that I only ever "met" online. I learned about new products and new blogs that I never heard about before. Meeting people is always my favorite part of writing this blog and attending events. You already know that I think these are the real gluten-free celebrities in our community. They aren't on TV (well, some are!) and they aren't in movies but they are the people that day in and day out advocate for our celiac and gluten-free community. This isn't everyone I met during my few days in Texas, these are the only people pictures I have.



Me with  the lovely Anne Barfield, owner of the gluten-free bed and breakfast Chicken Paradise
in San Antonio, Texas




Me, Erica Dermer founder of Celiac and the Beast and (a book with the same name), and Brandy Wendler, nurse practitioner and founder of Spoonful of Wellness getting a sugar high at the 100% gluten-free restaurant Wild Wood Bakehouse in Austin, Texas




Me with Amy Fothergill, author of The Warm Kitchen and founder of The Family Chef
(also my partner-in-crime for the weekend!) 




Me with the Shireen Yates and Scott Sundvor, the awesome co-founders of NIMA Sensor




Me with long-time gluten-free advocate Beth Hillson, author of Gluten-Free Makeovers




Me with Kimberly, author of The Food Allergy Mom, and my blogger tablemate for the weekend




Me with the one and only Jules Shepard, celiac advocate and founder of GFJules.com




Nerissa Oden, author of Bread-Free Bread












Pam Jordan, founder of I'm A Celiac and author of Family Approved Gluten Free Recipes





And last but not least, the amazing Shelia Cafferty, the founder of the GFFAFest

Labels: , , , , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I'm so glad you could come, Erin! It's been too long since we've seen each other! When do we get to have fun together again? :)
~jules

So glad you were able to make it and sorry we didn't get a chance to spend more time together!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer