counter on blogger
Thursday, April 23, 2015
#TalkTellTest: Seriously, Celiac Disease


The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness has kicked off a new campaign called "Seriously, Celiac" that urges you to talk to your family about celiac disease. They even provide you with a video about the campaign and tools to have the right conversation. They are ask you to TALK to your family, TELL them about celiac disease, and then encourage them to get TESTed for the disease.

You can download the NFCA's free discussion guide which gives you tips on having the right conversation with your family about celiac disease testing. You can also download a guide with tips on how to talk to your doctor about celiac disease testing.

I have at least two relatives that I have told multiple times that they should be tested for celiac disease. They know my thirty-four year history of the disease, my sister's history with the disease, and even another relative's history, yet both people tell me they don't have it. I don't know if they have actually been tested or not but I see continued symptoms in both. I am definitely going to reread these tips from the NFCA and have another conversation with the family when the time is appropriate.

Visit www.SeriouslyCeliac.org for more information.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin, thank you so much for your never-ending support of NFCA. I hope that the research-tested methods shared in Seriously, Celiac Disease help you when you try to talk to your relatives again. You'll have to let us know how it goes!

Sincerest thanks,
Alicia at NFCA

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer