counter on blogger
Friday, October 15, 2010
Celiac Disease Center Gala Fundraiser in Pictures
Last night, I was extremely honored to be invited as a guest of the Celiac Disease Center of Columbia University to their 9th Annual Gala Fundraiser. This is their biggest event of the year and it was a wonderful night. I saw so many familiar faces from the Celiac community as well as meeting a lot of new people. I am always surprised by how many people know who I am, but after running the NYC Celiac Disease Meetup group for 4 years I guess my name gets around.

I recently met Jill Brack of Glow Gluten Free Cookies and we instantly hit it off. She is a dynamic person with so much passion behind her product. Both Jill and her daughter Stella have Celiac Disease, so there is a lot of love behind her cookies. Not to mention, she has some awesome packaging. I took him some Snickerdoodles and probably ate three of them on the subway home! Jill was presented with an award last night at the gala and much to my surprise she mentioned me during her speech. I was so honored!

There were so many other great people there last night that all are amazing contributors to the Celiac Disease community. This includes Sue Moller of Suffolk County Celiacs and GlutenFreeLI, documentary filmmaker Susan Cohen, Craig Pinto of Kicking4Celiac, Alan Olshan of Paul Taylor Dance Company, Dr. Peter Green, the dynamic Cynthia Beckman of the Celiac Disease Center, Jill Brack of Glow Gluten Free Cookies, Tinsley Meloy of Celiebo, and on and on.

Thank you to everyone that attended last night's event and for raising so much money for the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous SueZboss said...

Had a great time seeing you last night! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those of us not in attendance, the photo film strip was a great way to see the people, the food, the venue and the fun in being GF, recognized and mingling. Thanks!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer